All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA young man from Huddersfield, Gary Simpson, journeys down to London to broaden his horizons, leaving behind his family and the girl he loves. He is quickly plunged into the high-earning, fast-living, easy-loving world of bond-trading, but it is a world that cant last. Returning to Huddersfield and his old family home, he is confronted by a series of revelations: some unwelcome, others full of potential. Gary does his best to accept his new reality, and finds himself buoyed up by the beautiful words that came to him suddenly and mysteriously on his first journey to London, years earlier, which he has never forgotten. He determines to succeed despite his changed circumstances - with a little help from his friend...Written with an admirable simplicity, an eye for telling detail and a sense of things beyond the material world, With a Little Help from my Friend is a book to engage the mind and gladden the heart.
- Author BiographyJ.E. Brierly was born in Birmingham in 1946. He left school at 15 and worked in the heating and ventilation trade for many years working all over the country. Still being very active he works part time driving and helping out generally at a local electrical company. The author still lives near Birmingham in a little place called Coleshill in North Warwickshire.
- Author(s)J. E. Brierly
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $78.85New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.61Trending at AU $78.85
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.