All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.54
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis final volume of With the Light serves as a legacy to the late Keiko Tobe's inspiring dedication to bring to light the hardships and joys of raising an autistic child to readers around the world - both those whose lives may t have been touched by developmental disability as well as those who understand the protagonists' struggles all too well. While creating and preserving a place in society for her autistic son Hikaru has been an uphill battle, Sachiko has long kwn that the toughest place to find acceptance for him is within her own family. Despite progress made in getting Masato's mother to understand Hikaru's situation and needs, Sachiko's mother-in-law still treats her grandson as a nuisance and sees him in many ways as deficient to his little sister, Kan. Will Sachiko's renewed attempts to change her impression of Hikaru succeed? Or will the appearance of Masato's sister, who has had little contact with Hikaru, further complicate matters?
- Author BiographyKeiko Tobe was born in Japan and after graduation worked in advertising. She moved to Tokyo with her new husband and worked as a Mangaka's assistant, eventually becoming Mangaka herself. Although she has produced numerous manga this is considered her master work.
- Author(s)Keiko Tobe
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYen Press
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations
- Weight368 g
- Width150 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.