Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionAn interesting and informative memoir which was written by an officer who went to France in 1914 with the 2nd Bn and who served throughout its time on the Western Front. He commanded the Bn during the battles at Aubers, Festubert and Loos and his account bear the stamp of authority.At the outbreak of war and leaving aside the Gurkha regiments, the 39th Garhnal Rifles were the only Regiment of the Indian Army to have two regular Bns. Both were swiftly committed to the early battles in France and Flanders and both suffered horrendous losses. Hours and awards, list of British Officers (with war services), copies of various operational orders, tes on trenches.
- Author(s)D. H. Drake-Brockman
- PublisherNaval & Military Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationEast Sussex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNaval & Military Press Ltd
- Content Noteone map & numerous contemporary illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.