All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHigher education has recently attracted a lot of attention, due to the introduction of university mergers by the Government, between historically advantaged and historically disadvantaged tertiary institutions. Within Realm of Possibilities is a well researched account that deals with one of the burning issues that has confronted the South African system of higher education: the role and future of Historically Black Universities (HBUs) in the sector. Looking specifically at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the North, the authors provide working models appropriate for rural-based universities today. They provide practical ideas with regard to ways in which HBUs can link up with institutions in the community to develop partnerships that will strengthen their work. Academics and policy makers interested in the development of higher education in Africa will find this book significant.
- Author BiographyMokubung Nkomo is in the faculty of education at the University of Pretoria. Derrick Swartz is the vice-chancellor and principal of the University of Fort Hare. Botshabelo Maja is the senior executive manager for labor market policy in the Department of Labour in South Africa.
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2006
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Weight250 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byBotshabelo Maja,Derrick Swartz,Mokubung O. Nkomo
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.