All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionI love to swim in the sea, which keeps talking to itself in the motone of a vagabond who longer recalls exactly how long he's been on the road. Swimming is like prayer: palms join and part, join and part, almost without end. --from On Swimming Without End draws from each of Adam Zagajewski's English-language collections, both in and out of print-- Tremor, Canvas, and Mysticism for Beginners-- and features new work that is among his most refreshing and rewarding. These poems, lucidly translated, share the vocation that allows us, in Zagajewski's words, to experience astonishment and to stop still in that astonishment for a long moment or two.
- Author BiographyAdam Zagajewski was born in Lvov, Poland, in 1945. He lives in Krakow and spends part of the year in Houston, where he teaches at the University of Houston.
- Author(s)Adam Zagajewski
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byProfessor Clare Cavanagh,Renata Gorczynski,Benjamin Ivry,C K Williams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.