All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll real life mathematics is problem solving. And all those fascinated by puzzles are problem solvers at heart. But thinking mathematically is a skill we have to learn and one which it is easy to forget. Recreational mathematicians and students can practise problem solving in different ways. In this book solving puzzles is practised in a different way from most books they will have seen before: # Readers get clues to what the puzzle is about# They may take hours or even days to work out what is being asked of them# Even after that, some problems may have solution The result of this challenge is a really challenging book that will fascinate anyone interested in puzzles and recreational mathematicians in particular. This volume contains 36 puzzles ranging from quite easy to quite difficult. The sister volume More Without Words: Mathematical Puzzles to Confound and Delight is also available - containing 36 more puzzles with fewer easy and more testing ones.
- Author(s)James Tanton
- PublisherTarquin Publications
- Date of Publication15/09/2013
- Place of PublicationSt Albans
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTarquin Publications
- Weight91 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.