All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the ideal companion to study of this most influential and challenging of texts. Ludwig Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations is a hugely important piece of philosophical writing, one frequently encountered by students of philosophy. Yet, there is escaping the extent of the challenge posed by Wittgenstein's work, in which complex ideas are often enigmatically expressed. In Wittgenstein's 'Philosophical Investigations': A Reader's Guide , Arif Ahmed offers a clear and thorough account of this key philosophical work. Geared towards the specific requirements of students who need to reach a sound understanding of the text as a whole, the book offers guidance on: philosophical and historical context; key themes; reading the text; reception and influence; and, further reading. Continuum Reader's Guides are clear, concise and accessible introductions to key texts in literature and philosophy. Each book explores the themes, context, criticism and influence of key works, providing a practical introduction to close reading, guiding students towards a thorough understanding of the text. They provide an essential, up-to-date resource, ideal for undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyArif Ahmed is Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Cambridge, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Arif Ahmed
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication22/07/2010
- Series TitleReader's Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.