Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.00+ AU $7.45 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by hallsbooks_123
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Man Booker Prize 2009 'Lock Cromwell in a deep dungeon in the morning,' says Thomas More, 'and when you come back that night he'll be sitting on a plush cushion eating larks' tongues, and all the gaolers will owe him money.' England, the 1520s. Henry VIII is on the throne, but has heir. Cardinal Wolsey is his chief advisor, charged with securing the divorce the pope refuses to grant. Into this atmosphere of distrust and need comes Thomas Cromwell, first as Wolsey's clerk, and later his successor. Cromwell is a wholly original man: the son of a brutal blacksmith, a political genius, a briber, a charmer, a bully, a man with a delicate and deadly expertise in manipulating people and events. Ruthless in pursuit of his own interests, he is as ambitious in his wider politics as he is for himself. His reforming agenda is carried out in the grip of a self-interested parliament and a king who fluctuates between romantic passions and murderous rages. From one of our finest living writers, 'Wolf Hall' is that very rare thing: a truly great English vel, one that explores the intersection of individual psychology and wider politics. With a vast array of characters, and richly overflowing with incident, it peels back history to show us Tudor England as a half-made society, moulding itself with great passion, suffering and courage.
- Author BiographyHilary Mantel is the author of thirteen books, including A PLACE OF GREATER SAFETY, BEYOND BLACK, and the memoir GIVING UP THE GHOST. Her two most recent novels, WOLF HALL and its sequel BRING UP THE BODIES, have both been awarded The Man Booker Prize - an unprecedented achievement.
- PrizesWinner of Walter Scott Prize for Historical Fiction 2010 and Galaxy National Book Awards: Waterstone's UK Author of the Year 2010 and Independent Booksellers' Week Book of the Year Award: Adults' Book of the Year 2010 and Spear's Book Awards: Novel of the Year 2009 and Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2009. Shortlisted for Orange Prize for Fiction 2010.
- Author(s)Hilary Mantel
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication27/02/2010
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.83
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.