All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWolf Warriors (Book 1 of the Wolfslayer Series) is a fantasy vel. It is the 6th Century, the height of the Dark Ages. Rival English, Celtic and Norse tribes are embroiled in savage ethnic wars that will decide the fate of the British Isles. Kady is a young Celt who is slowly unearthing the immense magical powers she has inherited from her father, a Celtic druid. But she must learn quickly, as her people face ethnic cleansing from the ruthless English barbarians who have invaded from Germany, and are sweeping all before them. When an evil Anglo-Saxon necromancer learns of Kady's growing abilities, he resolves to see her head on a spike. Concocting a shapeshifting potion, he begins transforming his warriors into werewolves - with a taste for Celtic flesh. Kady must lead her tribe to safety, as Saxon war parties hunt them by day, and horrific werewolves track them when the moon is full. As the wolf warriors close in on her, all seems lost. But there is a sliver of hope when a heroic band of Celtic freedom fighters begin striking at the Anglo-Saxon tyrants from a forest lair. The stage is set for an exhilarating race against time as Kady tries to harness her skills and ally with the forest rebels before the demonic wolf warriors destroy them all.
- Author BiographyMark Fleming is from Edinburgh. His first novel, Brainbomb, related the experiences of a bipolar youth in the Scottish capital, set against 70s Clash gigs and 80s night clubs. This was followed by Bedlam, a short-story anthology. His stories and articles have appeared in diverse outlets, including football fanzines, the Picador Book of Contemporary Scottish Fiction, the Macallan/Scotland on Sunday Collection, The Big Issue, pulp.net, laurahird.com and The Leither Magazine. Wolf Warriors represents a radical departure, as Fleming plunges headlong into a lurid world of druids, werewolves and man-eating serpents. I tend to write stories set in Edinburgh, but fantasy and horror opens up so many creative possibilities. Whether aspects of Wolf Warriors are allegorical or pure escapism, the human dilemmas are universal, especially within its early medieval setting, where ordinary people live in an extraordinarily ultra-violent world.
- Author(s)Mark Fleming
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $52.06Trending at AU $61.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.