All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionMay 1945. As the Russians tighten their stranglehold on Berlin, Doenitz's last surviving U-boat takes on board a top secret cargo, slips its moorings and heads for the deep waters of the North Atlantic. Destination: South America. Five decades later, Michael Logan, former marine turned smuggler, faces a grim future in a Turkish jail. Until fate intervenes in the shape of his one-time partner, the irrepressible Harry Dovan, with a job offer; helping a wealthy industrialist search for his father - the Kriegsmarine's most decorated U-boat ace - reported missing at the end of the war, along with a fortune in gold bullion... And as the hunt begins, like wolves drawn to the scent of blood, the scavengers start to converge. But lured by what? The Reichsbank's stolen reserves or something else: a darker legacy which, if delivered into the wrong hands, could re-ignite the flames of hatred thought to have been extinguished beneath the ashes of a war-torn city many years before. A remote Greek island holds the key but it is only in the aftermath of a violent and bloody confrontation that the island's chilling secret is revealed and the last, great mystery of World War Two is finally laid to rest.
- Author BiographyJames McGee grew up in Gibraltar, Germany, and Northern Ireland. He has worked in banking, sales, newspapers, the airline industry and bookselling. He has travelled extensively in Europe, the United States, Australia and the Far East, but nowadays resides in Somerset, England. As well as thrillers, James McGee is the author of the Matthew Hawkwood series, set during the Napoleonic Wars. There are currently five Hawkwood novels: Ratcatcher (US Title: Hawkwood), Resurrectionist, Rapscallion, Rebellion and The Blooding.
- Author(s)James McGee
- Date of Publication28/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.