Women Lead the Way: Your Guide to Stepping Up to Leadership and Changing the World by Linda Tarr-Whelan (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of how and why women's full participation in leadership matters is still seemingly a well-kept secret. To have the future we all want, women must play a more robust role in setting priorities and allocating resources. Women Lead the Way presents argument, research, and tactical guidance to help readers wedge the door open and bring more women through and up. The evidence from around the world validates the findings of the United Nations General Assembly in 1995, which set a baseline of at least 30 per cent women at the table as a prerequisite for genuine partnership and lasting, positive change in the international arena. We see the same phemena in the business world. More women as corporate officers and members of boards of directors results in stronger financial performance. At 30 per cent representation, we see concrete, positive outcomes for everyone t just women including increased shareholder value, more flexible management approaches, a broader definition of success, and better bottom lines. More women at the table means more progress for all of us. This book helps readers get started on a win-win women-led strategy to bring about the leadership balance we all need. You will learn how to do away with cultural baggage that boxes us in, gain a clear understanding of how and why Women Lead the Way, and receive practical, road-tested tactics to help you and other women step up and into leadership. 'Linda has produced the first seriously practical guide to stepping up to leadership. Her clear, concise, down to earth approach challenges us all to keep moving forward and leading the way. Any woman [or man] reading this book can be left in doubt of what needs doing and more importantly, how to do it. A must read' - Rt Hon Baroness Catherine Ashton, EU Trade Commissioner [the first woman British Commissioner and first woman Trade Commissioner]. 'Straightforward, empathetic and balanced, this compelling guide tells the stories that women positively engaged in changing the world will recognise. Though American in background, the messages are international and well researched. From the time of Hypatia of Alexandria through to the present day, women like Linda Tarr-Whelan do make a difference. Let's listen' - Dr Melissa Hardie, Director, The Hypatia Trust Horary Fellow, Exeter University.
- Author BiographyLinda Tarr-Whelan is a premier expert on women's leadership in this country and internationally and a distinguished fellow of the well-known national think-tank, DEMOS. Linda was a US delegate to the UN 4th World Conference on Women in Beijing, and her career path and networks stretch across the globe. She has also held leadership roles in business, nonprofit, and political organizations, including union organizer and negotiator, lead lobbyist for a two million-member teacher's organization, Deputy Assistant to President Jimmy Carter, and a US Ambassador appointed by President Bill Clinton. Linda lives on St. Helena Island in South Carolina.
- Author(s)Linda Tarr-Whelan
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight490 g
- Width160 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine22 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.