All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThough stage directing has traditionally been a male-dominated profession, the number of women directors in the United States has grown significantly in recent years. In this work, 35 contemporary women stage directors, with regional, national and international theater backgrounds, share their views on the creative process and the influences of gender on their artistic decision making. How does it feel to be defined as a woman director rather than simply a director? Does gender affect their authority? These questions and many others are explored in this study.
- Author BiographyRebecca Daniels was one of the founding members of the Artists Repertory Theatre in Portland, Oregon. She is currently an associate professor in the department of Performance and Communication Arts at St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York.
- Author(s)Rebecca Daniels
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2000
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.