All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMidwife Connections: Women Through Our Eyes provides the reader with a unique opportunity to view the lives of women through the eyes of the midwives who care for them. The co-authors of this collection of stories are both Certified Nurse-Midwives. They interviewed midwives from around the country to paint this exceptional portrait of women through a tale about their lives. While birth may be included in some of the stories, it is t the focus of this book. Just like the midwife profession, it is so much more. The 45 stories are separated into 6 chapters: Life Priorities, Life Choices, Life Challenges, Life Humor, Life Complications, and Life with Death. This book can be shared among women as well as the men in their lives, providing insight, inspiration, and growth. It is hoped these excerpts will bring the reader on their own individual journey of connection--with themselves and with others.
- Author BiographyPam Glenn has been a Certified Nurse-Midwife since 1986, having obtained her Masters of Nursing with a Specialty in Nurse-Midwifery from Georgetown University. Her initial practice began at the Maternity Center of Bethesda, Maryland, providing both birth center and home births. After moving to Minnesota in 1990, Pam practiced full-scope midwifery at St. Paul Regions (formerly Ramsey) Hospital. Most recently Pam served as Director of a team of 40 Advanced Practice Nurses and has now returned to reproductive health clinical practice. Pam's expertise in the area of screening for domestic violence in the health care setting has led to presentations on this topic for health care providers. Pam was awarded the ACNM (American College of Nurse-Midwives) Region V Award for Excellence in 2002. Pam lives in the Twin Cities of Minnesota and is a proud mother of a son and daughter, loves music and the outdoors, and engages her creative self in writing and watercolor painting. This book has been a labor of love over the years, and Pam is ready for its birth! The Minneapolis-St. Paul area was the setting for Margaret Taylor's twenty-four years of providing women centered midwifery care. During that time she established 3 midwifery services. Over the years Margaret has supported legislative efforts to advance the practice of midwifery in Minnesota, and actively served the ACNM (American College of Nurse-Midwives) both locally as well as nationally on the ACNM Board of Directors. In 2002 Margaret assisted Christine D'Amico in writing The Pregnant Woman's Companion: Nine Strategies that work to keep your peace of mind through Pregnancy and into Parenthood. Retirement from full scope nurse-midwifery practice allowed her to serve as a consultant for other midwives desiring to establish practices in Minnesota. In addition she has worked in Nigeria to teach national trainers Home Based Life Saving Skills. Her interest in decreasing maternal mortality in the world led her to establish MOM (Maternal Outcomes Matter) in 2012. Margaret enjoys teaching others to cook, gardening, and playing board games. Some evenings you can find her curled up with a good book or talking with friends and grandchildren.
- Author(s)MS Margaret a Taylor,MS Pamela S F Glenn
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.