All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis third volume, The Eastern Region , highlights 23 languages including English, German, and Swahili, and 5 east African countries: Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia. It focuses on the daily lives of women, who have crafted descriptions of personal sufferings and triumphs, parliamentary speeches, fiction, poetry and songs, and the roles of women in creating an educated people in nations free from colonial rule.
- Author BiographyAmandina Lihamba is Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Dar Es Salaam University, in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. She holds a degree in film studies from UCLA. Fulata L. Moyo has been Coordinator of the Department of Theology and Religious Studies at the University of Malawi, in Zomba, Malawi. She is now working on a doctorate in religious studies at Lutheran Theological Institute in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. Mugyabuso M. Mulokozi is Director of the Institute of Kiswahili Research at Dar Es Salaam University in Tanzania. He is a scholar, a well-known poet, and translator. Naomi L. Shitemi, was a coordinator of the Department of Kiswahili and other African Languages at Moi University, in Eldoret, Kenya. She is now Dean of a division in that university.
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- Series TitleWomen Writing Africa S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberVol. 3
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Weight672 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAmandina Lihamba,Fulata L. Moyo,Mugyabuso M. Mulokozi,Naomi L. Shitemi,Saida Yahya-Othman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.