Women and Ageing: A Selected Annotated Bibliography by Jean M. Coyle (Hardback, 1989)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCoyle has compiled an impressive bibliography of more than 600 books, articles, government documents, films, and dissertations on women and the aging proces...Concise antations highlight the significance of each item. While some of the material is scholarly and theoretical, most is from books and journals that are very readable and easily accessible. A table part of the bibliography is the extensive listing of films that would be useful for groups interested in doing programs on elderly women. RQ This bibliography provides ample evidence of the increasing research interest in issues affecting women as they age. Over 600 antated citations for materials published from 1980 through early 1988 are included. Although the primary focus is on older women, references dealing with middle-aged women are also included. Both pragmatic and theoretical issues are covered in the resources cited. All of the materials identified are accessible through basic library systems. While research results are reported in some antations, the primary objective of the work is to provide the reader with extensive references to useful and appropriate materials on women and aging. The major subject areas covered include roles and relationships, ecomics, employment, retirement, health, sexuality, religion, housing, racial and ethnic groups, policy issues, international concerns, and middle age. An extensive selection of general items covers materials that do t fit into specific categories, but which address important areas of concern and interest. This comprehensive bibliography will be welcomed by those involved in gerontological research and women's studies.
- Author BiographyJEAN M. COYLE is President of Jean Coyle Associates, a gerontological consulting firm based in Alexandria, Virginia. Dr. Coyle directs The National Institute of Senior Centers and The National Association of Older Worker Employment Services, affiliate units of The National Council on the Aging, Inc., in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Jean M. Coyle
- Date of Publication10/03/1989
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Gerontology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 7.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight407 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.