All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAutobiography, as evidenced by best-seller lists, is one of the most popular literary genres. However, because critics have long dismissed it as subpar literature, little attention has been paid to autobiography, particularly accounts by women. Women and Autobiography, edited by Martine Watson Brownley and Allison B. Kimmich, offers an insightful perspective on this often overlooked field. This text gives a compact, comprehensive overview of women's autobiography, providing historical back-ground and contemporary criticism along with selections from a range of autobiographies by women. Developed primarily for undergraduates, Women and Autobiography combines theory and practice by pairing autobiographical selections and criticism. This book is a useful tool for courses in autobiography, literature by women, and women's studies.
- Author BiographyMartine Watson Brownley is Goodrich C. White Professor of English at Emory University. Allison B. Kimmich is assistant director of the Women Involved in Living and Learning (WILL) program at the University of Richmond.
- PublisherScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/1999
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Series TitleWorlds of Women Series
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationDenver
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, notes
- Weight313 g
- Width164 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byAllison B. Kimmich,Martine Watson Brownley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.