Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a welcome addition to the literature on women and criminality. It should be of particular interest to the general reader as a concise, well-organized and clearly written review of important aspects of this social problem. It would be excellent as a supplementary text in criminal justice, crimilogy, victimology, and women's studies courses. In addition to a selected bibliography, scholars will appreciate the excellent bibliographical essay which provides a basis for further research. Criminal Justice Policy Review The study of women in relation to crime and the justice system remains neglected by most crimilogists and justice officials--until w. This remarkable volume breaks new ground by presenting a three-part examination of women as victims of crime, as criminals, and as professionals working in criminal justice. Within this scope, the author offers significant perspectives through empirical studies, as well as experts in the fields of crimilogy and criminal justice. The multi-faceted roles of women with respect to crime and the justice system are explored individually and collectively, as well as in relation to the roles of men. The significance of the historical treatment of women is also examined, in addition to the women's movement, the rise in women's crime and victimization, theoretical and statistical approaches, and prominent literature in the field. In addition, pertinent social and legal questions for the future are addressed.
- Author BiographyRONALD BARRI FLOWERS is a criminologist, scholar, professional writer, and research analyst in the study of crime and criminal justice and human and social issues.
- Author(s)Ethel Brown,R. Barri Flowers,Ronald B. Flowers
- Date of Publication23/06/1987
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleContributions in Criminology & Penology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 18
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight492 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.