About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the role of women in the productive structures of a diverse group of third world countries, including India, Peru, Nigeria, Mexico, Singapore, Ethiopia, and China. The product of research sponsored by the International Labour Organization's Programme on Rural Women, Women and Development deals with the specifics of rural women's situations and sets a basis for formulating policies to give direction to their struggle. The nine chapters combine description with analysis, presenting women's work in the context of a world systems perspective. The book emphasizes that rural women, although they appear isolated in homes and villages, are in fact constantly influenced by the world's ecomic trends.
- Author Biographyneria /f Lourdes /r ed.
- Date of Publication31/12/1982
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Out-of-print date30/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLourdes Beneria
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.