All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVirtually unique in the field, Women and Policing in America deals with women as criminal justice professionals, rather than as victims or perpetrators. It is the only coursebook offering a diverse selection of peer-reviewed articles devoted to women in American policing. With comprehensive, accessible chapter introductions by co-authors who are among the most authoritative and respected professionals in the field, Women and Policing in America will become a foundational text for this rapidly growing area of research, college study and employment. Hallmark features of Women and Policing in America: Foundational, peer-reviewed articles on provocative topics, including:
- Tribal policing.
- Mirity female officers.
- Lesbian officers.
- Police women in administrative roles.
- Affirmative action, unions, and female police employment.
- Use of force.
- Gender and stress.
- Diverse readings cover the chrology of and context for:
- Issues spanning the entire arc of a female police officer's career.
- Developments affecting women in American policing.
- History of women in policing--from the first police matrons to today's female police chiefs.
- Comprehensive, accessible chapter introductions by authoritative co-authors place readings in context.
- Challenging, engaging overviews of each topic.
- Extensive reference lists, suggested readings, and areas for future research.
- Chapter 1. The History of Women in Policing
- Chapter 2. Hiring, Training, Retention, and Promotion
- Chapter 3 The Police Role and the Acceptance of Women in Policing
- Chapter 4. Workplace Experiences of Women in Policing
- Chapter 5. Police Practices: Women on Patrol
- Chapter 6. The Future of Women in Policing
- Author(s)Carol A Archbold,Dr Dorothy Moses Schulz,Kimberly D Hassell
- PublisherWolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspen College
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement7th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.