Women and Public Policy: A Revolution in Progress by David W. Ahern, M. Margaret Conway, Gertrude A. Steuernagel (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a much-anticipated revision, the third edition of this widely used volume continues to track the impact of cultural change on women&BAD:lsquo;s roles and the public policies that affect their lives. Women and Public Policy places a broad range of policy issues&BAD:mdash;from education and health care to ecomic equity and the criminal justice system&BAD:mdash;in historical context, discusses the formation and implementation of current policy, and explores public policy silences. In addition to featuring and analyzing new data, this third edition:highlights issues of race, class, age, and ethnicity, showing how they intersect with gender in crucial ways.includes greatly expanded coverage of reproductive issues with a new chapter devoted to the topic, looking comprehensively at contraception and abortion, the international gag rule, RU-486, the morning after pill, later-term abortion developments, and reproductive techlogies.showcases recent developments in all policy areas, from the impact of welfare reform on educational opportunities and child support enforcement to a discussion of Medicare and prescription drug coverage.
- Author BiographyM. Margaret Conway is Distinguished Professor of Political Science at the University of Florida. Among her publications are Political Participation in the United States, Third Edition (2000), The Politics of Asian American (2004), and Women and Political Participation, Second Edition (2005) and Women and Public Policy, Third Edition (2005), on which she is coauthor. She has published widely in academic journals, including the American Political Science Review, Journal of Politics, andWomen and Politics. David W. Ahern is professor of political science at the University of Dayton. He is coauthor of Women and Political Participation, Second Edition (2005). His articles on political socialization have appeared in Public Opinion Quarterly, Political Behavior, and Simulation and Games. Gertrude A. Steuernagel is professor of political science at Kent State University. She is coauthor of Women and Political Participation, Second Edition (2005), and Women and Public Policy, Third Edition (2005). Her research and teaching interests include women and politics, women's health, autism policy, and political theory.
- Author(s)David W. Ahern,Gertrude A. Steuernagel,M. Margaret Conway
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/12/2004
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.