All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom witches and sociopaths to shrewd business women and sexually unruly females, societal tions of women and femininity have been informed by a tendency to define socially deviant or unacceptable behaviour as evil. The authors included in this volume explore the relationship between women and evil by exposing the ways in which the concept of femininity serves as a basis for policing the conduct of women who pose a threat to social rms and patriarchal privilege. This volume offers an insightful cross-disciplinary analysis which seeks to redeem or at least shed new light on women who misbehave.
- Author BiographyAndrea Ruthven is at the University of Vigo, Spain. Her research interests include dystopic literatures by women, post-feminist action heroines, and the monsters they battle, specifically in a neo-liberal, globalised and apocalyptic arena. Gabriela Madlo is an independent researcher who finished her BA at the Charles University, Prague and her MA at South Bohemian University, Ceske Budejovice, Czech R. Her main interests are Czech and British comedies and fairy tale films. She is presently researching myths about the Bloody Countess Bathory.
- PublisherInter-Disciplinary Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationFreeland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInter-Disciplinary Press
- Weight275 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAndrea Ruthven,Gabriela Madlo
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.