All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis sourcebook includes a rich and accessible selection of Roman original sources in translation ranging from the Regal Period through Republican and Imperial Rome to the late Empire and the coming of Christianity. From Roman goddesses to mortal women, imperial women to slaves and prostitutes, the volume brings new perspectives to the study of Roman women's lives. Literary sources comprise works by Livy, Catullus, Ovid, Juvenal and many others. Suggestions for further reading, a general bibliography, and an index of ancient authors and works are also included.
- Author BiographyBonnie MacLachlan is Professor of Classical Studies at the University of Western Ontario. Her published volumes include The Age of Grace: Charis in Early Greek Poetry (1993) and Virginity Revisited: The Autonomy of the Unpossessed Body, co-edited with Judith Fletcher (2007).
- Author(s)Bonnie Maclachlan
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBloomsbury Sources in Ancient History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight511 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.