All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionWomen in many Westernized countries encounter a wider variety of career opportunities than afforded in previous decades, and the percentage of women leaders in nearly every sector is on the rise. Sport coaching, however, remains a domain where gender equity has declined or stalled, despite increasing female sport participation. The percentage of women who coach women are in the mirity in most sports, and there is a near absence of women coaching men. This important new book examines why. Drawing on original multi-disciplinary research from across the globe, including first-hand accounts from practicing coaches, the book illuminates and examines the status of women in coaching, explores the complex issues they face in pursuing their careers, and suggests solutions for eliminating the barriers that impede women in coaching. Developing an invative model of intersectionality and power constructs through which to guide research, the book covers issues including sexual identity, race, motherhood, cross-gender coaching and media coverage to give voice to women coaches from around the world. As such, Women in Sports Coaching is essential reading for serious students and scholars of sports coaching, sport sociology or anyone with an interest in gender and sport.
- Author BiographyNicole M. LaVoi is a Senior Lecturer in Kinesiology and Co-Director of the Tucker Center for Girls & Women at the University of Minnesota, USA, and former collegiate tennis coach and USPTA tennis teaching professional. Her research pertains to gender and coaching, and media portrayals of women in sport. She is the primary author of the longitudinal Women in College Coaching and Report Card research series.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sports Coaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byNicole M. LaVoi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.