All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in a durable paperback edition, Shari Benstock's critically acclaimed, best-selling Women of the Left Bank is a fascinating exploration of the lives and works of some two dozen American, English, and French women whose talent shaped the Paris expatriate experience in the century's early years. This ambitious historical, biographical, and critical study has taken its place among the foremost works of literary criticism. Maurice Beebe calls it a distinguished contribution to modern literary history. Jane Marcus hails it as the first serious literary history of the period and its women writers, making along the way small contribution to our understanding of the relationships between women artists and their male counterparts, from Henry James to Hemingway, Joyce, Picasso, and Pound.
- Author BiographySHARI BENSTOCK is Professor of English at the University of Miami (Florida).
- Author(s)Shari Benstock
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1976
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note48 b&w illus.
- Weight1271 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.