All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYeltsin is certainly t the Sakharov of the Democratic Movement. Russian people sarcastically call his burning the Parliament an October Revolution of 1993. In Women's Glasst vs. Naglost we finally hear the voices of the Russian women on what it means to be female and Russian in the tumultuous climate that is modern Russia. The founder of the Russian women's movement, Tatyana Mamova was the first Russian woman exiled from the Soviet Union for publishing the underground samizdat, Woman and Russia. Now lauded as the Simone de Beauvoir of Russia, Mamova has interviewed 17 Russian women on the subject of the C.A.S. as it relates to glasst. Women from all walks of life are asked about changes with respect to their roles and expectations as women. Artists, professionals, dissidents, lesbians, doctors, writers, and civil servants tell their stories in candid terms showing that there is still a long road ahead. Revisions and elaborations of speeches delivered on Mamova's American tours, poetry in her own hand, and line drawings in her own eloquent and prolific style compliment her essays and the women's interviews.
- Author BiographyTATYANA MAMONOVA was born in Russia and exiled to Europe in 1980. She was invited to the U.S. from Paris by the Bunting Institute at Harvard University to be Scholar-in-Residence. She is a public speaker as well as an accomplished artist and writer and is now publishing a magazine, Woman and Earth, in both Russian and English. Her first two books, Woman and Russia, and (Russian Women's Studies) Essays on Sexism in Soviet Culture, were both highly acclaimed and have been reprinted many times.
- Author(s)Chandra Niles Folsom,Tatyana Mamonova
- Date of Publication30/11/1993
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight465 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Volume editorChandra Niles Folsom
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.