All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis vel text outlines issues faced by the majority of women living in low and middle income countries. The unique aspect of this book is the numerous examples of invative solutions that have been implemented in various global settings. The chapter authors are transparent concerning the barriers encountered and successes experienced. This book covers well kwn medical issues related to pregnancy (like maternal morbidity, and abortion, female genital cutting), HIV, and gynecologic cancers with a focus on cervical cancer prevention and treatment. This book goes beyond the medical diagses to explore the social determinants of health such as environment priorities like the water-health nexus, social ills like human trafficking, political influencers like the impact of advocacy and low and high resource countries' government agendas and the books closes with a discussion on the bioethical dilemmas. This goal of this book is to enable the reader to understand that by improving the status of women how this benefits the whole family and community. We ultimately hope that the reader becomes engaged in the process of improving the status of these women's.
- Author BiographyLaurie Elit is an associate professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McMaster University, and a gynecologic oncologist at the Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton. Her research focuses on health service work in cancer care delivery and treatment decision making for women with gynecologic cancers.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight788 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byJean Chamberlain Froese,Laurie Elit
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.