About this product
- DescriptionWomen's Life in Greece and Rome is the standard source book for courses in women in antiquity, which have become a regular feature in Classical Studies curricula since the publication of the first edition in 1982. This new third edition includes an extensive new Appendix, taking account of recent scholarship and touching on such topics of contemporary interest as ageing, clitoridectomy, Late Antiquity, the geographic periphery of the Graeco-Roman world, and even the topography of Rome. Perennial areas of interest - love, relationships, employment, prostitution, medicine, and religion - are also well represented. An additional new four-page plate section supplements the texts with archaeological documents of women's lives.
- Author(s)Mary R. Lefkowitz,Maureen B. Fant
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Out-of-print date29/07/2016
- Content Note12 pages of illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.