All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 125 historical documents in this unique volume bring to life the triumphs, disappointments, and enduring contributions of women's struggle for equal rights in America. This work also reveals often-surprising sources of opposition, such as Abraham Lincoln and the U.S. Supreme Court. Organized into five chrological periods, the documents provide a flavor for the time period in which they were written. Each period and each document is preceded by an explanatory introduction that puts it in historical context. A chrology of significant dates in the history of American women's rights, a topically organized bibliography, and a list of women's organizations for further information completes the work.
- Author BiographyWINSTON E. LANGLEY is Professor of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Massachusetts, Boston. VIVIAN C. FOX is Professor of History at Worcester College in Worcester, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Vivian C. Fox,Winston Langley
- Date of Publication09/12/1998
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight574 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.