All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the extraordinary story of a nearly forgotten American superstar athlete. Texas girl Babe Didrikson never tried a sport too tough and never met a hurdle too high. Despite attempts to keep women from competing, Babe achieved All-American status in basketball and won gold medals in track and field at the 1932 Olympics. Then Babe attempted to conquer golf. One of the founders of the LPGA, Babe won more consecutive tournaments than any golfer in history. At the height of her fame, she was diagsed with cancer. Babe would then take her most daring step of all: go public and try to win again with the hope of inspiring the world. A rollicking saga, stretching across the first half of the 20th century, WONDER GIRL is as fresh, heartfelt, and graceful as Babe herself.
- Author BiographyDon Van Natta is an investigative correspondent for the New York Times. He has been a member of three Pulitzer Prize-winning teams, and is the author of First off the Tee Presidential Hackers, Duffers and Cheaters from Taft to Bush and Her Way: The Hopes and Ambitions of Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Author(s)Don Van Natta
- PublisherBack Bay Books
- Date of Publication07/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Content Note, black & white halftones
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.