Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe author walked the length of the Thames River in England from its source in rural Gloucestershire to the flood barrier in London. Along the way, solitude enhanced curiosity and big questions kept popping up. Where are all the anying bugs? How could a clergyman afford a house this big? What is Coade stone? Does this river flood? Why were there so many monasteries? What actually is a cow? How did they get the obelisk here from Egypt? Tenacious scholarly study soon began to reveal the answers to these and other questions (twenty four in all), and it soon became clear that these insights should be preserved for posterity. Thus the idea for this book was born. He promises that you'll learn something new, maybe have a few laughs, and find out what a long distance walk like this can reveal. And it might even stimulate your curiosity about this wonderful English countryside. He hopes so.
- Author BiographyDavid Sadtler is a management consultant and writer. He is a prolific contributor to management journals on questions of corporate strategy. His books include Breakup! When Large Companies Are Worth More Dead Than Alive and, for the Financial Times, Smarter Acquisitions, both a world away from this subject. His current project is a novel about vigilantism, Fighting Back. He walks a lot with Mary in Kent - and elsewhere.
- Author(s)David R Sadtler
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.