Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRohr's meditations on the daily readings of Lent are t for the sake of mere information, or even for academia (although the author hopes it will satisfy both), but for the sake of our transformation into our original image and likeness, which is the very image of God. What always and finally matters for all of us is encounter! Father Rohr begins each meditation with a single title or phrase that sums up the point. Then he offers the meditation followed by key passages from the readings. He ends each meditation with a Starter Prayer that invites you to self-disclosure and to enter the wondrous divine dialogue with clarity, insight and holy desire! There are two moments that matter. One is when you kw that your one and only life is absolutely valuable and alive. The other is when you kw your life, as presently lived, is entirely pointless and empty. You need both of them to keep you going in the right direction. Lent is about both. The first such moment gives you energy and joy by connecting you with your ultimate Source and Ground. The second gives you limits and boundaries, and a proper humility, so you keep seeking the Source and Ground and t just your small self. From the Introduction
- Author BiographyFr. Richard Rohr is a globally recognized ecumenical teacher bearing witness to the universal awakening within Christian mysticism and thePerennial Tradition.He is a Franciscan priest of the New Mexico Province and founder of theCenter for Action and Contemplation (CAC)in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Fr. Richard's teaching is grounded in the Franciscan alternative orthodoxy practices of contemplation and lived kenosis (self-emptying), expressing itself inradical compassion, particularly for the socially marginalized.Fr. Richard is the author of numerous books, including Everything Belongs, Adam s Return, The Naked Now, Breathing Under Water, Falling Upward, Immortal Diamond, and Eager to Love: The Alternative Way of Francis of Assisi. Fr. Richard is academic Dean of theLiving School for Action and Contemplation. Drawing upon Christianity's placewithin the Perennial Tradition, the mission of the Living School is to produce compassionate and powerfully learned individuals who will work for positive change in the world based on awareness of our common union with God and all beings.Visitcac.orgfor more information.
- Author(s)Richard Rohr
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Weight168 g
- Width141 mm
- Height166 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.