All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll the information, formulas, procedures, and examples that you need to design virtually any type of wood structure or structural wood component that's what you get in this indispensable, updated handbook. It includes 1997 National Design Specifications for Wood Structures and covers changes in Allowable Stress Design. Focusing on revisions in ASD methodology for timber structure design, the Handbook also provides the newest data on NDS values for timber rivets and other fasteners, reflects new industry standards in shearwalls, and shows you applications of new standards through updated examples. You get complete coverage of everything from wood properties and preliminary design considerations through the latest information on adhesives. This one-stop guide is a valuable asset that you'll refer to practically every day of your professional life.
- Author BiographyKeith F. Faherty chaired the American Society of Civil Engineers' National Committee for Wood for three years. He is professor of civil engineering at Marquette University and has both a master's and a Ph.D. in structural engineering. Thomas G. Williamson is executive vice president of American Plywood Associations and American Wood Systems and plays a leading role nationally in the development of standards for engineered timber structures.
- Author(s)Keith F. Faherty,Thomas G. Williamson
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1378 g
- Width210 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.