All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is t a treatise upon the art of wood-engraving. It is simply a description of the tools and materials required by a beginner and the method of using them. It is t intended to assist anyone to become a commercial engraver, for that trade requires a long and specialized training. It is intended rather for those who have occasion or opportunity or inclination to make illustrations or ornaments for books and who are revolted by the degradation to which the art of formal drawing has been brought by photographic process reproduction.
- Author BiographyR. John Beedham (1879 to 1975), also known as Ralph Beedham, occupies a unique position in the history of twentieth century wood engraving. He was a formschneider, probably the last person in England to serve an apprenticeship as a professional reproductive wood engraver.
- Author(s)R John Beedham
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Introduction byEric Gill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.