All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWoodland habitats explores the history and ecology of British woodland and explains why they a re such a valuable resource. It examines the wide range of different types of woodland habitats and the typical species that live within them. It offers a practical guide to all the key woodland issues including: *conservation and management * coppicing * grazing in woodlands * fire breaks * recreation * management for game * pasture woodland and commercial forestry Woodland Habitats also includes a guide to table sites with location maps and illustrations, suggested practical projects and a full glossary of terms.
- Author BiographyHelen Read is the site ecologist at Burnham Beeches NNR Buckinghamshire, UK. She is co-author of The Biology of Millipedes (OUP, 1992) and Animals Under Logs and Stones, (Richmond Publishing Co. Ltd, 1996). Mark Frater has a background of forestry before being appointed Site Manager for Burhman Beeches in 1987. He is now a consultant and advisor specialising in woodland management.
- Author(s)Helen J. Read,Mark Frater
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/1999
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleHabitat Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note31 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.