All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe woods are full of puzzles to be solved, clues to be found. Inspired by this book's hints and fun-filled experiments and activities, and using only simple equipment, young readers unlock the closely guarded secrets of the woods - from the strange meetings of lazy butterflies, to the miraculous walking of a twig, to the riddle of why the leaves turn color and fall. One small square at a time, these detectives plunge deeper and deeper into ancient mysteries - without ever getting lost. Beautifully illustrated, Woods offers a picture field guide, a glossary-index, and a resource list.
- Author BiographyDonald M. Silver is the author of more than 40 science books for children and teachers alike. In addition to the award-winning One Small Square series, he has written The Animal World, Why Save the Rain Forest?, Extinction Is Forever, and The Dinosaur Activity Book--all illustrated by Patricia J. Wynne. Patricia J. Wynne's illustrations have also appeared in Scientific American, Natural History, and the New York Times as well as in the highy praised books Hungry, Hungry Sharks, and The Human Body.
- Author(s)Donald M. Silver,Patricia J. Wynne
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/1997
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleOne Small Square
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note48 colour illustration, glossary, index
- Weight155 g
- Width228 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest Age6-9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.