All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is much to consider when choosing a woodworking handplane. This guide teaches you how to discern the difference between each style of plane, how to select one that's best for your approach to woodworking, how to setup and maintain each of the planes, and lastly, how to make a variety of handplanes. The author analyzes the six core anatomical elements common to all planes, then shows how these elements work. He also evaluates the styles of woodworking planes from various cultures, including Japanese and Chinese planes. This intelligent book features over 200 photographs and hand drawings that are as technically rich as they are beautiful.
- Author BiographyScott Wynn is a third generation woodworker, with over 30 years as a professional woodworker. He is also a licensed Architect and Building Contractor. He has written nine articles for Fine Woodworking, Fine Homebuilding, and Woodwork Magazine. He was featured on the cover of the June 1996 issue of Fine Woodworking. His next article will be published with Popular Woodworking (out this year). He teaches a series of courses at the Woodworker Academy in Alameda, CA.
- Author(s)Scott Wynn
- PublisherIndependent Publishers Group
- Date of Publication02/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1284 g
- Width217 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.