Woodworking for Wildlife: Homes for Birds and Animals by Carrol L. Henderson (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
About this product
- DescriptionFor everyone who enjoys attracting wildlife to their backyard, farm, woodlot, or lakeshore home, Woodworking for Wildlife is the perfect resource. With all the latest information on how to attract everything from bluebirds, chickadees, purple martins, and wood ducks to bumblebees, toads, owls, and woodpeckers, the book features thirty designs for nest boxes and nest platforms that will accommodate forty-six species of wildlife. It provides easy-to-follow diagrams for cutting out and assembling the nest boxes, accompanied by over three hundred beautiful color photographs. Carrol L. Henderson has dramatically improved and expanded the book with the best techniques for building, placing, and managing nest boxes. He provides new information on how to eliminate predation on nest boxes by raccoons and cats, as well as how to reduce competition from exotic species such as house sparrows and starlings. The book also includes new designs for houses for flickers, great crested flycatchers, toads, bumblebees, buffleheads, and purple martins. Woodworking for Wildlife is a great reference for backyard wildlife enthusiasts, conservationists, youth group leaders, teachers, woodworking instructors, and parents and grandparents who are looking for outdoor projects to do with children.
- Author BiographyCarrol L. Henderson has headed the Nongame Wildlife Program of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources since 1977. He is an award-winning wildlife conservationist who has helped bring back eastern bluebirds, bald eagles, peregrine falcons, river otters, and trumpeter swans; an avid wildlife photographer whose images have appeared in the New York Times, Audubon, Birder's World, and Wild Bird; an experienced birding tour leader to Latin America, Kenya, Tanzania, and New Zealand; and the author of many magazine articles and several books. In 2016, the Garden Club of America awarded Henderson the Frances K. Hutchinson Medal, which is given to figures of national importance for distinguished service to conservation. In 2012, he received the Gary T. Myers Bird Conservation Award from the US Fish and Wildlife Service, recognizing him as the top bird conservationist in North America.
- Author(s)Carrol L. Henderson
- PublisherMinnesota Department of Natural Resource
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationSaint Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Department of Natural Resource
- Content Note339 color photos, 31 construction plans, b&w drawings
- Weight596 g
- Width5499 mm
- Height7128 mm
- Spine330 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.