All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful tribute to America's greatest folksinger. Woody Guthrie spent his life putting into words and music what the rest of America was thinking. He roamed from coast to coast and captured the despair of those displaced by the Great Depression and the dust bowl, eulogized workers, and celebrated the great natural beauty of America. This is an introductory biography presented as a picture book with a brief lyrical text and powerful, hand-tinted, woodcut-like illustrations. It includes the complete lyrics to This Land Is Your Land and excerpts from his other songs. A book for all ages, it makes this talented and tragic man accessible to young children and will please his older folksinging fans with its stunning art. A Boston Globe-Horn Book Hor BookAn ALA Notable BookA New York Times Notable BookA Parents' Choice Gold Award WinnerAn Oklahoma Book Award Finalist
- Author BiographyBonnie Christensen's highly praised woodcut-like illustrations for Woody Guthrie perfectly capture the Depression and World War II era. She also wrote and illustrated The Daring Nellie Bly. She teaches art at St. Michael's College in Vermont.
- Author(s)Bonnie Christensen
- PublisherDragonfly Books
- Date of Publication09/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDragonfly Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width186 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bonnie Christensen
- Format DetailsSewn,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.