All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionWord Order and Scrambling introduces readers to recent research into the linguistic phemen called scrambling. The contributions, from some of the leading authorities in the field, explore major issues including the factors responsible for word order variations, how the scrambled constructions are processed, and whether these variations are available in early child language development and in second language acquisition. The book discusses a number of typologically diverse languages including Persian, Japanese, and Navajo, and provides enlightening information on different aspects of word order variation and the consequences for our understanding of the nature of human language. Word Order and Scrambling is a valuable contribution to the fields of theoretical linguistics, psycholinguistics, and applied linguistics.
- Author BiographySimin Karimi is Associate Professor of Linguistics at the University of Arizona. She is on the Editorial Board of Linguistic Analysis, and has published widely in journals such as Linguistic Inquiry, The Linguistic Review and Linguistic Analysis.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2003
- Series TitleExplaining Linguistics S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note25
- Weight742 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited bySimin Karimi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.