All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWord Power: Phrasal Verbs and Compounds is a textbook for guided self-learning intended for post-intermediate and advanced learners of English. It contains some 1,100 phrasal compounds used with 17 particles/prepositions which combine with some 500 different verbs, uns and adjectives. Numerous glosses allow the teacher to use it in very heterogeneous classes. Thanks to cognitive linguistics the material is organized around each particle giving the students an astonishing insight into the networks of metaphorical meanings of each particle. Furthermore, the book implements the most important findings and techniques in the field of learning a foreign language. This textbook will be a valuable companion for teachers and students.
- Author BiographyBrygida Rudzka-Ostyn was Professor at the University of Leuven, Belgium. Paul Ostyn is Professor Emeritus at the University of Namur, Belgium.
- Author(s)Brygida Rudzka-Ostyn
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication19/06/2003
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleMouton Textbook
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content NoteNum. figs.
- Weight491 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byPaul Ostyn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.