All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWord study integrates decoding/phonics, spelling, and vocabulary instruction to help struggling readers identify unfamiliar words in order to improve reading comprehension. This book provides secondary teachers with practical strategies to embed word study instruction in content area classes and support the needs of adolescent readers, particularly those with disabilities. The text includes many useful teaching resources, such as sample lesson plans, reproducible teaching tools, web resource lists, and tips about techlogy-based learning tools. This comprehensive, hands-on volume will also appeal to teachers who are new to word study, especially those who have students with disabilities in their classrooms. Book Features: * Outlines how word study techniques can help teachers address students' reading challenges. * Focuses on the inclusion of adolescents with disabilities in content area courses. * Offers techniques for understanding content-dense, multisyllabic words that are commonly found in disciplinary texts. * Includes many user-friendly features, such as classroom examples, discussion questions, teaching tips, and resource lists.
- Author BiographyMelinda Leko is an assistant professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Kansas, USA.
- Author(s)Melinda Leko
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.