Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe eagerly anticipated second edition, completely updated for WordPress 3.1 As an open source content management system, WordPress allows users to easily build feature-rich web sites with programming experience. This unique book-and-video package is a friendly, self-paced beginners guide to the latest release of WordPress. Lessons are focused on practical, everyday tasks that users will need to create and maintain their sites: entering new content, creating new pages, managing menus, making content search-engine friendly. Plus you'll find lots of tips based on years of experience teaching people to use WordPress. You'll also learn how to extend the functionality of WordPress by using the thousands of plugins available. Connecting to social media, creating membership and e-commerce sites, setting up events calendars, making your site mobile-friendly these are just some of the plugins you'll be introduced to. Each lesson in the book is supplemented by an instructional video intended to enhance your learning experience. Plus, a trouble-shooting appendix addresses various issues to help you solve any challenges you may face. Lessons include: Installing WordPress Admin area overview Basic admin settings Adding a new post Working with the text Laying out text Advanced post The basics of handling media files The upload/insert window Image options in detail Editing and laying out Working with image galleries Adding video and audio Adding documents Managing posts and pages Managing media files Managing post categories and Managing widgets and The links manager Managing comments Bringing in content from other sites Helping others connect to your site Having multiple site users Overview of WordPress themes Creating a child theme Basic customization of your design Optimizing your content Optimizing your site as a whole How is your site doing? Keeping up to date Backing up your site Installing and activating plugins Two example plugins Other common uses for plugins Running multiple sites with WordPress Customizing WordPress Troubleshooting WordPress If learning the new WordPress is a pressing issue for you, then this book-and-video package is exactly what you need. Note: As part of the print version of this title, video lessons are included on DVD. For e-book versions, video lessons can be accessed at wrox.com using a link provided in the interior of the e-book.
- Author BiographyGeorge Plumley is a web developer and designer who has been helping small business clients build and update their websites for more than 15 years. His signature consulting tools are his training videos, including more than 100 on WordPress.
- Author(s)George Plumley
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/08/2011
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWrox Press
- Out-of-print date18/05/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width186 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.