Words Their Way Letter and Picture Sorts for Emergent Spellers by Marcia R. Invernizzi, Shane Templeton, Francine Johnston, Donald R. Bear (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $39.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe believe that the hands-on word sorting approach to word study is invaluable to you and your students. Broaden your word study understanding and instruction with this expanded word sorting tool for week by week implementation with emergent spellers (ages 1 - 7). This stage-specific companion volume to Words Their Way(r): Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction provides a complete curriculum of assessments, reproducible sorts, and detailed directions for the teacher working with students in the emergent stage of spelling. New! This second edition boasts * Targeted Learners sections that clarify which students will benefit most from the instruction * An early bank of assessments to help you evaluate your students and pinpoint the most appropriate instruction * Literature Connections to reinforce concepts being studied This first volume introduces the idea of sorting through concept sort for students in the emergent stage of spelling development (Pre-K through Grade 1). The word study lesson plan format of demonstrate, sort, check, and reflect is expanded in this stage to include reading aloud and writing activities. The early concept sorting activities are followed with picture sorts that develop phonemic awareness and include activities for rhyming, syllabication, and sound play. Alphabet kwledge and letter recognition are then covered, along with sorts that look at concept of word in print, as well as poems, jingles and short text selections that can be shared with children. Students are then ushered into sorts that introduce beginning consonants with pictures, laying the foundation for the letter-name stage.
- Author BiographyDonald is director of the E. L. Cord Foundation Center for Learning and Literacy where he and preservice, Master's and doctoral students teach and assess children who struggle to learn to read and write. Donald is a professor in the Department of Educational Specialties in the College of Education at the University of Nevada, Reno. Donald has been a classroom teacher and he researches and writes about literacy development and instruction. He is an author of numerous articles, book chapters, and books, including Words Their Way(r), Words Their Way(r) with English Learners, and Vocabulary Their Way. Marcia Invernizzi is Director of the McGuffey Reading Center at the University of Virginia exploring developmental universals in non-English orthographies. A former English and reading teacher, Marcia works with children experiencing difficulties learning to read and write in intervention programs such as Virginia's Early Intervention Reading Initiative and Book Buddies Francine Johnston is Associate Professor in the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, where she teaches reading, language arts, and children's literature. Francine is a former first-grade teacher and reading specialist. Shane Templetonis Foundation Professor of Literacy Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno. A former classroom teacher at the primary and secondary levels, he researches the development of orthographic and vocabulary knowledge
- Author(s)Donald R. Bear,Francine Johnston,Marcia R. Invernizzi,Shane Templeton
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/01/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.