Words of Fire and Faith: A View from the Edge by Lee Lozowick (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis compilation of essays contains the final handwritten teachings of Lee Lozowick (1943-2010) given during the last 18 months of his life. During that time Lee lived in the crucible of a terminal illness that limited his ability to speak, even while he continued to work & teach extensively, traveling in Europe & the U.S. up until the last 2 days of his life. Lee called these intimate epistles Words of Fire and Faith. Here the reader enters the teacher's world & encounters a living flame that is simultaneously full of tenderness & compassion for the human predicament. As Lee walked the razor's edge of his last months with dignity, grace & an unflagging commitment to the Path, so are his words imbued with an inner fire that burns away the identification & entrenched attachments of our self-preoccupation. These essays are a testimony of the author's own radical faith rooted in surrender to the Supreme Reality, fully incarnated in a lifetime of devotion to his spiritual master, Yogi Ramsuratkumar. In a natural outpouring, this book contains pith teachings as well as Lee's sense of humor, tenderness, generosity & compassion, which characterized his work since its inception in 1975. As he wrote, Lee was engaged in extreme discipline, which honed his body and being into a state of illuminated clarity; his relentless communication was direct, made from heart to heart. This spiritual intimacy levies fierce challenges even as he simultaneously asserts, I have faith in you. Following any thread, one may be touched by the vibrant light of a gifted teacher who faced life & death with fire & faith, without backing down or compromise. His writings speak to universal themes: self-honesty, cultivating attention; sanctuary; working with vanity, pride, lust; enlightened culture; recognizing reality as it is, faith, grace, divine ravishment, & relationship with the Beloved. This book will inspire and enliven students of all spiritual paths, particularly those who are confronting their own mortality and seek to practice with a profound degree of refinement, as Lee Lozowick did, up to the moment & transition of bodily death. Lee's constant directive to live fully in the fire of transformation rings true on every page; he tells us, without equivocation, that without a firm foundation, we cant ride the waves of inexorable circumstance and the inevitable fact of death-the final moment in which we may actualize our full humanity in this lifetime.
- Author(s)Lee Lozowick
- PublisherHohm Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press
- Weight408 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byM Young
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.