Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis charming Georgian townhouse in the centre of Cockermouth was the birthplace and first home of William Wordsworth and his sister Dorothy. It is furnished with a mixture of antique and reproduction pieces, including several items that belonged to members of the Wordsworth family. The working kitchen and other hands-on rooms offer a unique taste of late 18th-century rth-country life. The garden, which is filled with heritage varieties of flowers, fruit, vegetables and herbs, was William's magical childhood playground. It was here that he learned the love of nature that turned him into one of the world's favourite poets. This guide also explores the happiness and heartache of his early years, and the day-to-day lives of the family's servants, together with the fascinating stories of some of the house's more recent residents.
- Author(s)Alex Morgan,Amanda Thackeray,Kate Parry,National Trust
- PublisherNational Trust
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationSwindon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust
- Weight100 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.