All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNight after night, chefs and their crews are able to multi task and produce in a way that puts deskbound workers to shame. In Work Clean, Dan Charnas uncovers their secret: mise-en-place - the organizational system that transforms the lives of its practitioners through focus and self-discipline. Through interviews with top chefs working in professional kitchens all over the world, culinary students, line cooks and restaurant employees, Charnas reveals the ten major principles of mise-en-place - including 'Arranging spaces', 'Finishing actions' and 'Slowing Down to Speed Up' - and demonstrates how they can be used to boost productivity in all aspects of life.
- Author BiographyDan Charnas is an award-winning journalist and author of The Big Payback: The History of the Business of Hip-Hop. He has also worked at media, marketing and tech executive for companies including Warner Bros and Sony and as a producer for MTV, VH1 and FitTV. He is currently an associate arts professor of writing, history and emergent media at the Tisch School of the Arts and New York University.
- Author(s)Dan Charnas
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPortfolio Penguin
- Weight213 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.