Worker Leadership: America's Secret Weapon in the Battle for Industrial Competitiveness by Fred Stahl (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can American manufacturing recapture its former dominance in the globalized industrial ecomy? In Worker Leadership, Fred Stahl proposes a strategy to boost enterprise productivity and restore America's industrial power. Stahl outlines a revolutionary transformation of industrial culture that offers workers real control of production operations and manufacturing processes (as well as a monetary share of the savings from productivity gains). Stahl develops this new Theory of Worker Productivity into a strategy of Worker Leadership, with concrete, real-world examples. Combining some of the methods of lean manufacturing made famous by Toyota with genuine worker empowerment unlike anything at Toyota, Worker Leadership creates highly productive jobs loaded with responsibility and authority. Workers, Stahl writes, love these jobs precisely because of the opportunities to be creative and productive. Worker Leadership also offers important benefits for organized labor. It promotes the vitality and growth of labor unions through a shared responsibility with management for growth and profitability. Stahl's approach was inspired by changes implemented at John Deere factories by a general manager named Dick Kleine. Stahl uses the story of Kleine's transformation of the Deere factories to construct a checklist of essential conditions for Worker Leadership. He also discusses competition with China and South Korea and tells the story of production that GE recently reshored from China to the United States. Stahl considers the potential for applying Worker Leadership beyond manufacturing, provides a brief history of manufacturing, and even reveals the dark side of Toyota's system that opens ather competitive opportunity for America. Worker Leadership offers a blueprint for global competitive advantage that should be read by anyone concerned about America's current productivity paralysis.
- Author BiographyFred Stahl is a former Boeing Company Executive, an early leader of MIT's Lean Aircraft Initiative, and a coauthor of Lean Enterprise Value: Insights from MIT's Lean Aerospace Initiative.
- Author(s)Fred Stahl
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note25 figures, 3 tables
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byJoel Cutcher-Gershenfeld
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.