All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite decades as the official 'ruling class,' labor has become a marginal social and political actor throughout Eastern Europe in the postcommunist era. Through a broad array of case studies, including such under-studied countries as Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, and Ukraine, the contributors provide the first detailed exploration of every facet of labor in the region. Examining the causes, extent, significance, and political implications of union weakness, the volume assesses the impact of labor debility on the consolidation of democracy in the region.
- Author BiographyStephen Crowley is associate professor of politics, Oberlin College. David Ost is professor of political science, Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/09/2001
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight485 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDavid Ost,Stephen Crowley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.