All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionMajor political and ecomic shifts have succeeded one ather over the past twenty-five years. The rise to prominence of ecological issues, social changes generated by neoliberal globalization, and - most recently - one of the worst world ecomic crises ever, compels us to reflect urgently on the need for alternatives to the capitalist system. In its brief life, the International Working Men's Association (IWMA) became the symbol of class struggle and influenced the ideas of millions of workers all over the planet. The 150th anniversary of its birth (1864-2014) offers an important opportunity to reread their resolutions, to learn from the experiences of its protagonists, and to better theorize solutions to our contemporary issues. This sourcebook includes the most valuable documents (30 appearing for the first time in English) of all the currents of the IWMA, and, in his introduction, acclaimed scholar Marcello Musto provides critical evaluations to the texts and to their historical context. Carefully selected and translated, this volume is an invaluable resource for all those interested in the foundations of labor movement history's as well as in the critique of capitalism.
- Author BiographyMarcello Musto is Assistant Professor of Sociological Theory at York University, Toronto, Canada. He has edited and authored numerous publications on Marx and Marxisms including Karl Marx's 'Grundrisse': Foundations of the Critique of Political Economy 150 Years Later (2008) and Marx for Today (2012). His work has been published worldwide in 16 languages.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight616 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMarcello Musto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.