All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last 20 years, the number of professional managers displaced from US corporate jobs has increased dramatically. This has coincided with the rapid expansion of employment in the US nprofit sector; a sector that has a high proportion of managerial and professional workers among its employees. Workforce Transitions from the Profit to the Nonprofit Sector examines the career sequences of dislocated white-collar corporate managers who want to move to the nprofit sector. It highlights the managers' motivations, the structural barriers which prevented them from making the transition, and the methods of penetrating the barriers. It uncovers the reasons why some corporate managers are able to make the transition and why others do t. Finally, it presents the methods of adaptation that were utilized in their new environments. This volume will be of interest to human resource managers in the profit and nprofit sectors, sociologists, occupational researchers, and organizational psychologists.
- Author(s)Tobie S. Stein
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNonprofit and Civil Society Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1070 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.59Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.